There is an enormous learning curve associated with keeping honey bees. We know what it is like and we are here to help. In addition to our regular meetings and workshops we offer a mentoring program.
While you can teach yourself, having a mentor can be very helpful as you are learning to become comfortable around bees, recognize the workers, drones, find the queen, read the different ages of the larvae, recognize good brood patterns and different cell types such as worker cells, drone cells, queen cells, bee bread, nectar, honey, and navigate through various issues that may arise.
Some of the benefits of having a mentor include:
- Someone who can answer questions
- Someone who has already made the mistakes
- Someone who can point you to resources
- Someone who understands the experience
- A friend with the same hobby
- A opportunity to network to other beekeepers
Our mentors have at least 2 years of experience with keeping bees.
How to Ask for a Mentor
Paid members of the Wasatch Beekeepers Association can request a mentor at any of the regular meetings or by contacting us.
Become a Mentor
Please contact us if you would like to be a mentor.