The Utah Beekeepers’ Association’s 2019 Convention is scheduled to take place this weekend on Friday, February 22nd and Saturday, February 23rd. Registration begins on both days at 8:30 AM with the program running from 9 AM to 5 PM on Friday and 9 AM to 2 PM on Saturday. An association dinner is scheduled to begin on Friday at 6:30 PM. Admission is included with an annual membership in the Utah State Beekeepers Association and an additional $25 fee applies for those who would like to enjoy the Friday evening dinner.
Hyatt Place Hotel
3090 East 6200 South
Holiday, Utah 84121
- Mel Disselkoen (On-the-Spot queen-rearing)
- Ian Esplin (American Foulbrood phage treatment)
- Nathan Oakes (Varroa update from Cornell University)
- Katharina Davitt (Waxmoth)
- Peter Somers (Why colonies abscond)
- Deric Despain (USU Extension Service)
This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about beekeeping and to meet some other beekeepers large and small, and of particular note the convention is being held relatively close to where many of those of us in the Wasatch Beekeepers Association live.